Sisterhood of the World of Bloggers Award
The Sisterhood of the World of Bloggers Award
Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award
I would like to thank Josefine for nominating me for the sisterhood of the world bloggers award.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
2. Put the award logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions they have set you.
4. Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
5. Nominate ten people.
My answers to Josefine’s questions:
1. Your house is burning, you have 60 seconds to get out of the house before it collapses. What do you grab and take with you?
Oh this is an easy one! I would grab Frosty my beloved dog, because nothing is as precious as a life. If I was able to scoop up my laptop at the same time I would grab that too so I could communicate with my peeps and describe the drama of the whole thing.
2. What is your favorite place in this universe? Why?
I pondered this question for a bit because I have been to so many places throughout my life but the one place that has always resonated deep inside me is the Valley of the Temples on the island of Oahu in Hawaii. I lived in Hawaii for awhile in the late 70’s early 80’s time period and it never failed to bring a deep feeling of peace and joy to me.
3. If you could give one piece of advice to the human race, what would it be?
Love each other. Release the hate you hang on to and let yourself love.
4. Would you want to live forever, given the chance? Why?
No, I believe there is something bigger and better after this life. This life is all one big lesson. Learn the lesson and you will find joy and happiness in the next life.
5. What is your favorite resource for personal development? Why?
This one kind of made me giggle but it is actually true……O magazine!!! Putting aside the fashion and material things inside, Oprah has many inspirational and motivational tips with everything from meditation and yoga to herbal remedies and health tips. It was actually Oprah’s old TV show (in 1985) that gave me the courage to step out of my abusive marriage and start life over. I will forever be grateful to her for that.
6. If you could eradicate one ‘problem’ of/from the human race, what would it be and why?
Intolerance and Hate. Putting aside the physical issues resulting from the terrible things we have done to our planet that have resulted in pollution and destruction of natural resources, I think that the anger and hatred in this world will lead to its ultimate destruction. It saddens me to see the violence and destruction that comes with all this hatred.
7. Have you told the 5 most important people in your life that you love them today? If your answer is no, you better go do it now!
No I haven’t, but now that you mention it………….(toddles off to locate her missing cell phone)
8. What is something that you have done, that required the most courage (yet) in your life?
Moved from California to Las Vegas to restart my life with only the money in my pocket and faith. It was a very difficult time in my life and it required a lot of courage and a whole lot of Creative Visualization. (look it up, you will be glad you did)
9. Who are you?
I am flawed but I am honest and I am true to myself. I don’t believe that lies get you anywhere and take care to live my life so that when I close my eyes each night I will feel no shame for any actions I have taken each day. That is all you really have when it is said and done, the possessions mean nothing because you won’t be taking them with you to your next life. You have only YOU.
10. What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
Oh jeez…..I plead the 5th. I choose to not answer this question on the grounds that it may incriminate me…(and embarrass my children)
Ok so now that I have confessed to my deep dark secrets, it’s time for my nominations and questions so that other people can do the same!
Here are MY questions for my nominations, most aren’t too deep but they are fun and I believe that every one needs some fun and laughter in their lives. Muah ha ha ha ha. Since I am new to blogging it may take me a bit to find others to nominate, but I will post them as I find ’em. 😀
1. Dogs or Cats? Or does a more exotic pet appeal to you?
2. What is your favorite (we aren’t counting calories here) dessert? Describe the ideal setting for you to enjoy it.
3. You are the leading lady in a new movie, who would be your first choice for leading man? Second choice?
4. What is your favorite type of romantic fiction, a novel, television or a movie?
5. Do you still believe in love and have you found it?
6. What is your favorite color and where in your life do you use it the most?
7. How often do you cook? Really, no cheating here, do you cook, share the cooking, or are you a fast food junkie?
8. Where would you go on your dream vacation and who would go with you? (If you have kids pretend the dream vacation either comes with a Nanny to stay at home with them or bring them with you, it is YOUR dream)
9. What makes you happiest?
10. Do you tweet? (I have twitter but I can never say anything short enough to put on there!)
Here are the links to my nominations. Have fun!
Layered Pages http://about.me/layeredpages
Sarah Kennedy http://sarahkennedybooks.com/
Redmon Woods http://redmonwoods.com/
The Billy Tea https://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/42615304/
Shamelessly Shannon https://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/66602431/
Brittany Likes Nachos https://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/71693233/
The Green Pants https://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/73431409/
A Journey of Acceptance with a Chronic Disease https://wordpress.com/read/blog/id/62268022/
Posted on September 23, 2014, in Who I Am and tagged Award, Blog 101, Blogging, Q&A, Sisterhood, Sisterhood of Bloggers, Who are you, Who you are, World of Bloggers. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.